Our professional Mandelic Acid peel is an effective, mid strength treatment that helps to improve acne as well hyperpigmentation, rosacea and photodamage. It hydrates the skin, enhances cellular remodelling and reduces skin discolouration. Its antimicrobial action makes Mandelic acid ideal for treating acne.
Mandelic Acid Peel | Pigmentation + Repair
Uneven + Problematic Skin
Ideal For: Acne + Rosacea + Problematic Skin
The Mandelic Acid Peel decongests, clarifies + helps control oil production.
This gentle alpha hydroxy acid solution will improve surface texture and fine lines, while helping to promote an even skin tone. It’s a multi-faceted and skin-brightening treatment is an excellent option for sensitive skin and higher Fitzpatrick skin types. The antibacterial properties of Mandelic Acid make this an effective treatment for acne, while the gentle formulation ensures this is an excellent option for sensitive skins.
Exfoliates: Mandelic acid is a chemical exfoliant, meaning it removes layers of debris through a reaction with the skin (rather than exfoliating via abrasive scrubs).
Promotes cell turnover: By dissolving skin cells, mandelic acid works to increase cell turnover, reducing the look of skin damage or acne.
Brightens skin: Exfoliated skin is bright skin and mandelic acid goes a step further, strengthening the skin so it stays bright with continued use.
Clears pores: The acid works itself deep into pores, penetrating deeper than other acids often used on blemish-prone skin.
Reduces hyperpigmentation: Increased cell turnover and exfoliating properties means the acid reduces the look of dark marks and sun damage.
First, the skin will be evaluated. Once it is determined the patient is a good candidate for the peel and all pretreatment skincare has been completed, the peel can be performed.
The skin will be cleansed to remove any dirt or oils.
Next, the Mandelic Acid solution will be applied onto the skin.
Patients can add on a concentrated custom infusion blend, once discussed with their treating dermal therapist.
Encourages skin to make new, collagen-rich tissue.
Post Care + Home Peformance
Immediately after the treatment, may include redness, itching, irritation, swelling, and prolonged healing. It is important to make sure you maintain the skin health and hygiene to prevent any infection.
For truly visible results, we recommend a minimum of three treatments to continually build your collagen and elastin. Utilising the Skin Genius MD Dermal Recovery System post treatment can speed up the healing process and deliver maximum growth factor and clinical actives while the micro pathways are still active revealing new, glowing skin.
Pricing + Special Packages
|Professional Dermal Peels||Single Price||Prepay 6+
(Price per treatment)
|Derma Lactic Dermal Peel || Ideal for: Dull + Blotchy + Dehydrated Skin||$149||$125|
|Mandelic Acid Dermal Peel || Ideal for: Acne + Rosacea + Problematic Skin||$149||$125|
|Jessner Dermal Peel || Ideal for: Pigmentation + Acne + Melasma||$249||$199|
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Mandelic Acid Peel, requires multiple treatments for optimal results and is not a once-off procedure.
- On average we recommend 4 to 6 treatments for most clients depending on desired results and current skin health, however it is important to visit one of our clinics for a proper skin health consultation with one of our dermal therapists.
- It is important to book in for a complimentary consultation to get the correct assessment of your skin by a dermal therapist so we can create a tailored skin treatment plan for you.
- Prime your skin two weeks prior with AHA’s, vitamin A, vitamin C using prescribed Skin Genius MD prep treatment.
- Avoid tanning and prolonged sun exposure for two weeks prior.
- Men are to be clean shaven prior to treatment.
- In the lead up to your treatment and cease use Vitamin A, retinol, retinaldehyde or retinoic acid for 48 hours
- Avoid waxing and laser treatments for five days.
- Are taking topical antibiotics for acne (will need to cease two weeks prior to treatment)
- Have active sunburn, solar keratosis or tan
- Have cosmetic body implants
- Are taking arrhythmia medications (will need to cease prior to treatment)
- Have an auto-immune disorder
- Are taking blood thinners (aspirin, Warfarin, ibuprofen, fish oils, ginkgo biloba and alcohol), photosensitisers, and/or antidepressants (consult with client’s general practitioner prior to treatment)
- Have received cosmetic injectable treatments in the past 14 days or electrolysis in the past week
Anyone who is:
- Is pregnant
- Is, or has taken isotretinoin in the past six months
- Has active cold sores or cold sores that are present cannot be treated. If you are prone to these this can be minimised by taking your prescribed medication.
- Has an injury or broken skin around the treatment area.
- Currently has a bacterial or fungal infection.
If you are unsure, contact your clinic.
As this treatment does treat the top layer of the dermis, it is recommended you refrain from wearing make – up 24 hours post treatment. This is also to allow deeper penetration of the growth factors for optimal results.
Best as part of prescribed skin care regime
Risks and complications
Possible mild redness post treatment
Skin peeling may last 2-7 days
Recommended number of treatments
A course of 4 to 6 treatments is recommended spaced out monthly
”Wonderful service! The staff really careAbby Saadat5 Star Google Review
for you and
ensure that you are comfortable
and relaxed during the session.
Amazing results to so far I’ve been really happy.