*Disclaimer: Results vary from patient to patient.
Stimulate New Collagen + Elastin Production For Ultimate in Skin Rejuvenation.
Skin Needling or Micro-Needling is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The new boost of collagen thickens the skin, thus softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Collagen production is important to keep skin youthful and strong. The more collagen you have, the healthier, stronger and thicker your skin becomes. Unfortunately, when we forget to protect our skin from harmful sun damage and don’t watch our diet, our collagen levels decrease and the skin starts to look dull, flat, and saggy.
Each treatment consists of using small, sterile, surgical micro-needles to create small channels in the skin. This stimulates the healing response of the deeper layers and encourages your skin to make new, collagen-rich tissue.
When micro-needling is combined with special growth factors and infused clinical grade actives into the skin it boosts the collagen which is stimulated in deepest layers of the skin, thus providing longer lasting and more powerful results.
This is because these tiny micro needles, create pathways into skin for the successful delivery of the clinical grade actives. These clinical grade actives are specially formulated to help improve skin texture and smoothness, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and help hydrate and even skin tone.
Eclipse MicroPen® Elite can be used on all parts of the body: head, face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen , thighs and buttock.
Skin needling includes three phases to promote collagen growth throughout the skin.
The clinician will then open a sterile needle piece. The Micropen is then allowed to adjust the depth of needle penetration depending on the area to be treated.
The needle depth for treatment of fine wrinkles around the eyes is very different when compared to acne scar depth, which is usually deeper.
Body Sculpting Clinics® only use sterile disposable needle tips with only FDA approved device like Eclipse MicroPen® to ensure safety for all our patients.
Encourages skin to make new, collagen-rich tissue.
Micro-needling transports the active ingredients from your treatment into the deepest layers of the skin.
Immediately after the treatment, you will notice a bright redness to the skin. The total recovery time depends on the position of the pen and the number of overlapping passes your skincare professional performs. On average, patients are red for 24-48 hours post treatment. Some patients heal completely in 24 hours.
For truly visible results, we recommend a minimum of three treatments to continually build your collagen and elastin. Utilising the Skin Genius MD Dermal Recovery System post treatment can speed up the healing process and deliver maximum growth factor and clinical actives while the micro pathways are still active revealing new, glowing skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 to 6 treatments delivered on a monthly basis is recommended for most clients depending on desired results and skin area.
- It is important to book in for a complimentary consultation to get the correct assessment of the area you want to have treated.
- Eclipse MicroPen® Elite involves minimal to no pain.
- However like with any procedure this depends on the patients pain tolerance threshold.
- Firstly the clinician will cleanse the area with our clinical grade professional cleansers Skin Genius MD.
- Next the clinician will set up a sterile station, and will commence the treatment.
- Post the treatment, the clinician will apply a medical grade topical solution which address your skin concerns.
- Our Skin Genius MD Dermal Recovery System post treatment can speed up the healing process and deliver maximum growth factor and clinical actives while the micro pathways are still active revealing new, glowing skin.
- Prime your skin two weeks prior with AHA’s, vitamin A, vitamin C in the lead up to your treatment and cease use of Retinol 12 hours before your scheduled treatment.
- Avoid tanning and prolonged sun exposure for two weeks prior.
- Stop any blood thinners, anti-inflammatory medications, omega-oils, multivitamins, vitamin B, vitamin E and glucosamine for one week prior to minimise the risk of bruising.
- Men are to be clean shaven prior to treatment.
- Are taking topical antibiotics for acne (will need to cease two weeks prior to treatment)
- Have active sunburn, solar keratosis or tan
- Have cosmetic body implants
- Are taking arrhythmia medications (will need to cease prior to treatment)
- Have an auto-immune disorder
- Are taking blood thinners (aspirin, Warfarin, ibuprofen, fish oils, ginkgo biloba and alcohol), photosensitisers, and/or antidepressants (consult with client’s general practitioner prior to treatment)
- Have received cosmetic injectable treatments in the past 14 days or electrolysis in the past week
Anyone who is:
- Is pregnant
- Has active cold sores or cold sores that are present cannot be treated. If you are prone to these this can be minimised by taking your prescribed medication.
- Has tested positive for Hep B, Hep C, or HIV
- Has had any laser resurfacing in the last three months
- Currently has a bacterial or fungal infection
- Has a history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring or wound healing
- Has areas of skin that are numb or lack sensation
- Has undergone radiation treatment in the last 12 months
- Has a history of post-inflammatory pigmentation
If you are unsure, contact your clinic.
As this treatment is ablative, it is recommended you refrain from wearing make – up 24 hours post treatment. This is also to allow deeper penetration of the growth factors for optimal results.
Duration of results
Long term results
Risks and complications
Possible mild redness post treatment
Recommended number of treatments
A course of 4 to 6 treatments is recommended spaced out monthly
”Wonderful service! The staff really careAbby Saadat5 Star Google Review
for you and
ensure that you are comfortable
and relaxed during the session.
Amazing results to so far I’ve been really happy.
“I want to refresh and recondition my skin as well as reduce some of my acne scarring.”
Microneedling is a relatively painless medical grade treatment, used to treat and improve conditions like acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles, loose skin, skin texture, pore size, brown spots, stretch marks, and pigment issues. It's also called skin needling, collagen induction therapy (CIT), and percutaneous collagen induction (PCI).