Short PDO threads, are designed for skin tightening, rejuvenation and natural volume. They primarily treat skin quality and are often used in combination with other cosmetic injectable treatments throughout the face, décolletage and any other area of the body which needs tightening or as a preventive procedure to prevent the face from sagging. We use the gold standard in Korean PDO Threads that are TGA approved.
PDO Threads | Rejuvenation + Skin Tightening
Korean PDO Threads
PDO Mono Threads or short threads are designed to perform a revitalisation skin treatment, the treatment is beneficial for skin tightening, skin thickening and for globally stimulating collagen improving skin texture thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Once inserted into the skin, PDO mono threads activate collagen synthesis to gradually tighten and rejuvenate the skin.
The improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles can be seen gradually as the procedure stimulates natural collagen production. Short PDO threads are not for lifting or treating sagginess.
We offers 2 types of rejuvenation threads, the Mono (Smooth) PDO threads and the Double Screw PDO thread.
Smooth Mono Threads
There are two main textures of PDO sutures: mono and screw threads. Mono threads are singular, smooth sutures that are anchored to the face that provide a small lift to the face. Screw threads have 1-2 intertwined threads which provide volume to the treated area. For patients who only desire skin tightening and rejuvenation, mono threads may be sufficient. Patients who desire more lifting and volume will better benefit from screw threads.
Double Screw Threads
A double screw mono thread is formed by intertwining two mono threads together around the inserting needle. It has an effect on giving volume to the sunken areas in the face. A double screw mono thread more than doubles the “volumising” effect. Double Screw mono threads are often used for subtle face lifting and volumising, which helps the patient to attain a smaller V-line face shape with a pointy chin and more defined jaw lines.
PDO Threads are a versatile treatment for face + body
The PDO mono thread lift is very versatile, allowing practically all areas of the face to be treated, including the:
- Under eye area
- Crow’s feet (wrinkles around eyes)
- Nasolabial folds
- Naso jugal folds
- Wrinkles around mouth
- Jaw line
Pricing + Packages.
|Mono PDO Threads||Single Session||Prepay 3+|
(Price per session)
|Smile/ Smokers Lines||$399||$299|
|Acne Scar Meshing||$749||$499|
|Double Screw PDO Threads||Single Session||Prepay 3+|
(Price per session)
|Malar Thickening (Cheeks)||$599||$349|
Book a complimentary facial analysis with one of our cosmetic injectors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Duration depends on many factors, such as the individual’s skin type, skin condition, lifestyle and age as well as the type and amount of product used.
- Typically you can expect 6 and 12 months depending on patient characteristics and number of threads.
- Our PDO threads are gold standard, ethically sourced from reputable pharmaceutical companies, we only use premium PDO threads.
- Our PDO threads are all Korean manufactured and TGA approved.
- PDO Threads help to create new collagen that supports your face and creates a tightening effect that lasts 6–12 months after your treatment.
- The results vary depending on lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol, exercise etc.
- Topical anaesthetic will be applied before your PDO Thread treatment, so you experience minimal discomfort during the procedure.
- You may experience a firm feeling and some tenderness in the area that has been treated for a few days after the procedure.
- Please note pain is such a personal and subjective thing, it all depends on your tolerance and on the treatment area.
- Body Sculpting Clinics uses only medical grade devices and cosmetic injectables which are registered on the ARTG and supplied by a reputable pharmaceutical company.
- The TGA is part of the Australian Government Department of Health and is responsible for regulating therapeutic goods including medical devices. Once technology is tested and approved, it continues to be regulated through post market monitoring and standards enforcement.
- All our PDO threads are manufactured in Korea, the gold standard in PDO threads.
- Advise your doctor and cosmetic injector if you:
- Are taking blood thinners (such as aspirin, warfarin or clopidogrel etc)
- Are taking fish oils
- Using ibuprofen
- Had recent minor dental work (e.g. scale and clean)
- Have an auto-immune condition
- Avoid Alcohol and smoking.
- Schedule procedure at least one week prior to a special occasion or event.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medication (consult Doctor prior, if necessary).
- Avoid treatment if you have active infections in the treatment area.
- Prior to your first treatment, our doctor and cosmetic injector will consult with you to assess your suitability for PDO Threads and discuss any concerns or questions you may have.
- After receiving a topical anaesthetic, PDO Threads will be inserted using a micro-needle or cannula. The treatment is a customised procedure and your healthcare professional will work closely with you in order to achieve optimal results. Also worth noting is that PDO Thread treatments don’t involve any sort of incision, meaning stitches are not required.
- Please note you might need a number of sessions for your desired result.
- Keep the area clean
- Apply a cool compress to the site for ten minutes every hour, on the day of treatment
- Avoid any facial treatments immediately after treatment
- Avoid excessive pressure or any ‘facing-down’ (e.g. massage) treatments for 24 hours
- You may wish to sleep with your head slightly elevated to avoid pressure on the area 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid excessive exercise and exposure to heat for the first 24 hours
- Avoid AHA, retinols, or vitamin C for the first 24 hours
- Avoid saunas for two weeks
- Arnica pilules or Hirudoid cream may help reduce bruising
- You may wish to take anti-histamines as required to assist reduce swelling
- Ensure you attend your review appointment with your cosmetic injector
- We want to ensure that you are happy and that optimal results are achieved, it is important that you attend your 2 week review appointment to check the aesthetic outcome.
- Your health and well-being is our priority. If you are concerned about any aspect of your treatment, please contact your clinic immediately we are here to help.